Thursday, March 24, 2011

Silhouette Project- Kazmyn Perry


       Doing this collage allowed me to reflect on my own characteristics. It showed me that I'm even more complicated than I already feel. When I began to explain the meaning of the colors and shapes of the collage to my friends, they seemed to completely understand my thought process and was amazed at how I portrayed it. The self-portrait tells a lot about my personality and goals and feelings. The actual silhouette is so dynamic and full of color that is shows how many different ideas, feelings, and thoughts I possess. It tells the story of how I became the person who has many different talents and desires. 
        My collages colors are all pretty bright and evoke some type of emotion already. For the background, I used blue and cut those pieces into rectangles. This area represents the world. To me the world is full of people who stay inside their own respective boxes of rigidity and simplicity and never dare to venture out. The color blue is a tranquil color but also a color that fails to represent a spontaneous aspect. The pieces in the background dont completely cover the board and that represents the small spaces where those with individualistic mindsets and personalities must dwell. For my silhouette, I used a multitude of colors. In the shoulders, I used mostly gold with little pieces of red. The gold represents the phrase "heart of gold". It shows that I often have good intentions and would characterize myself as being innately caring, generous, and service oriented. The little pieces of red represent greed, vanity, selfishness, and a stubborn nature. These are characteristics that I hold, but ones that stand to undermine or destroy all good intentions.  
          My head has mostly pink and a little bit of orange and red. My thought process for using the pink is to describe the vibrant nature of my ideas, actions, and beliefs. It shows my passion and how dominant it is in my thoughts. I believe that everything I do has passion behind it. The pieces of red are on my lips because it shows how the passion that I have for my beliefs often leaves my mouth in an aggressive manner. To me red is the most aggressive color. The orange that is in my mind represents the idea of uncertainty. Although I can be very aggressive and at the same time very confident, there are times when doubt can set in. Those are the times when I wonder if my thoughts are too radical for the world. Doubt is my least favorite emotion. I used geometric shapes in the shoulders area to show the traditional nature of my heart and the traditional nature of the things that threaten anyone's good nature. I felt that those things could translate to anyone and would therefore need to be structured. My heart itself is the most structured thing about me. I tend to feel only what I feel is appropriate, and if I don't, I work to. The pieces in my head are amorphous to represent the sheer complexity of my mind. I don't think like everyone else, but I believe that also makes me very dynamic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment