Friday, April 22, 2011

André Smith- Art Show

Overall, I LOVED the art show! It was so amazing to see all of the different types of artwork at Butler. My favorite piece was, hands down, the blow up plastic vessel. It was so fun to crawl into and stand in. I liked it so much because I love art that is interactive and gets the viewer involved. I think good art is art that can evoke an emotion out of its viewer and the blow up pillow thing really made me excited. It was so unexpected to be able to crawl inside of it!
Besides my work (psh! obviously!) I would pay $10 for one of the masks on display across from our class' works. I thought the masks were really interesting and I thought they were totally unexpected. They are something I would have hanging up in my room for decoration. They reminded me of the masks/faces that are used in theatre.
I really liked the fact that I had work on display at an art show. I put a lot of hard work into my pieces so it was great that others got to see what I've done. I even got a compliment on my work as I was taking it back to my dorm so that really made me feel good.
I think it is great having a student art show at Butler! I love the fact that we can showcase our artistic creative abilities. It shows that not only do we have an awesome basketball team, but our students have great artistic talent as well! I believe the show adds a value of aesthetic beauty on our campus and allows students to express themselves artistically.

No comments:

Post a Comment