Monday, April 25, 2011

Art Show- Sarah Leib

Being able to go to the Butler art show was honestly an honor. I never really realized how many great artists were at this school and overlooked the potential that my fellow students had to offer. In past student art shows that I have been too, I have been some what impressed but this art show definitely gave a variety of different types of art and each and every piece having its own diversity. My overall experience with this art show was very positive, there were so many pieces of artwork that I truly did love. This makes my decision of what art work I would spend $10 on. In high school I really got into photography, being able to work in a dark room, using backdrops, and many other techniques. The painted faces collection really caught my eye when I was walking through the art show. I have seen this kind of photography before and I've always loved it. I would most definitely pay $10 for this but I would also love the chance of being able to do some of my own photography using paint. Seeing my own art work in the show was a cool and different experience. I am proud of the hard work and time that I spent working on my silhouette and I hope that the viewers enjoyed looking at the work that my classmates and I worked really hard on. Having the student art show is a really good idea, it's a cool experience to have your own work posted rather than going to a museum and looking at others art work. It's refreshing to be able to see your own work being admired and appreciated by other students and faculty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment