Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sculpture-Kaylin Beckwith



My group was assigned the word twist. When thinking of my project, I wanted to create something ordinary, but in a new and fascinating way. Cardboard was a great inspiration for this idea because it is typically used only for boxes; and, pardon my play on words, but I wanted to think outside of the box. I also wanted to have a sense of motion in my project; I do not believe twist can be stationary. As exemplified in class, twist is described with a hand motion and not with words. Furthermore, I kept in mind that it had to hold something. Finally, I decided what my object would be- an Oreo cookie. As you can see the top half of my cookie is abstract, and shown as a swirl. This is because, if you are a person who eats the frosting first like myself, you have to twist the top off in order to eat your Oreo. This is a universal action to those of us who enjoy the creamy center. Everyone knows you cannot just pull the cookie apart, you have to twist it. Also, my Oreo cookie outside holds the delicious creaminess on the inside, and thus my project meets all of the criteria in a fun, playful, and delicious way.

No comments:

Post a Comment