Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kazmyn Perry-Sculpture Project



My sculpture word was bulge. The way that I imagined bulge was a lot different than the examples we had in class. I was inspired by the sort of taboo related to sculptures. They're not supposed to be touch and they embody this feeling of distance from the actual subject matter. For me, a sculpture that would embody me and the aspect of taboo that had inspired me is entitled "The Game". My sculpture is a sort of replica of a game of Jenga inwhich the middle is much more stable than the base and bulges out. The idea of the instability of a bulge within a sculpture also being entertaining is quite ironic to me and I wanted to play on it. My sculpture has the physical capability to hold something on both sides, but it also holds memories of my family game nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment