Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sculpture- Lori Andriot

My group had the word ROCK, which is actually more difficult than I thought it would be. I guess that’s because in modern day society we don’t use the word to mean the actual motion but it is instead used to assert how spectacular something is (I.E. That concert rocked.) Outside of this saying there are vast arrays of things that rock, boats, rocking chairs, rocking horses, all which would be a challenge to construct. However, with the word that I was given I constructed something that compares to a sail boat. Boats do in fact rock, when on the water, but it could even go along with the saying “rock the boat.” That is how I’m connecting my word to the world around me, through this saying there is a sense of conflict in life, which in fact is the way of life, but is also true of boats when being rocked, thus they too are in conflict. Aside from this though the top swirl-like things, can be seen as symbolizing ‘sea-sickness’ which happens because of the rocking motion the water makes against the vessel.

No comments:

Post a Comment