Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Milk Product- Alison Harre




Alison Harre

Rao, Skinner

Aesthetics and Design

26 April 2011

Pure Nutrition

The proposal for the final project was to market and design a brand of milk for the company Moo-Moo Milk Makers. This milk isn’t any ordinary milk. It is milk that is organic, contains more calcium, vitamin D, and zinc, and is only 100 calories. Given this information each candidate had to come up with a product that fit those requirements. The objective was to create this healthy product for men and women who are older than the age of 45. After brainstorming about many ideas, the product soon began to fall into place.

After doing market research on the given age rage, I generalized this target market as the baby boomers. This is a group of people that were primarily born post World War II. Given this information about this group of people, a marketer can assume character traits about the baby boomers. Typically baby boomers like tradition and tend to dwell on the simplicity of the olden days. They tend to stay away from new, confusing, and advanced technology, but rather like classic, quality, and simple products. In addition, most baby boomers are at or approaching retirement. This is relevant because it means that this target market has more discretionary income and is willing to spend that money on premium products such as Pure Nutrition.

Pure Nutrition is a product and service company. Pure Nutrition sells its milk in stores and also delivers to households. When brainstorming ideas for this product relating to the target market, the first thing that came to mind was milk delivery. In St. Louis, which is where I am from, Oberwies has a very popular milk delivery business. This reason is the main reason why I wanted to create a competitor for Oberweis. In a way, milk delivery takes many people back to the basics of the 50’s and 60’s. Milk delivery is a premium and quality service that this target market’s age range is accustomed to.

Pure Nutrition will only be served in a glass bottle. This is because glass is the only material that milk tastes the best in. In addition, glass is considered valuable, high-priced, and a premium especially when compared to plastic. Glass is also classic and appropriate for the target market. The most important factor when choosing glass is the fact that it’s durable, recyclable, and economically friendly. The packaging will consist of a 20-ounce bottle and a gallon bottle. The arrangements for sales will be purchasing a 20-ounce bottle from the store, purchasing a gallon from the store or delivery, and a 4-pack of 20-ounce bottles (equivalent to half gallon) that can be delivered or purchased.

When creating the label I wanted something that was simple and seamless, especially excluding any crazy fonts. I researched a lot of 50’s ad campaigns to see if there was a reoccurring theme in any of the campaigns. One that I noticed was the use of classic colors such as red, yellow, blue, black, and white, which I incorporated into my label. I had a lot of difficulty when trying to choose a benefit that I felt was the most important. I thought that all of the benefits of this milk was important, which is why I incorporated them all.

I really enjoyed doing this project. Since I am interested in becoming a marketing major I really wanted to put a lot of effort into this project. I have never had the opportunity to come up with a product and market it on my own, since I have typically worked in groups for this type of project. I wanted to take full advantage of my creativity to see where it could potentially take me. I think that Pure Nutrition offers this target market a healthy and premium product that they are surely to purchase and become loyal customers of.

Stay strong. Keep living. Pure Nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment