Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Art Show Reflection - Ashley

Art Now!

I love art shows! I do! I love museums and exhibits and any place I can see a whole collection of amazing things in one place. I love to just spend hours walking around and examining everything I can! Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to give the same attention to our art show, but I did find many fascination wonders!

My favorite piece I saw was a chair made out of an open suitcase! It was so clever and beautiful! I was not only fascinated by it, but it inspired me too. I have an old yellow suitcase at home which will almost definitely be a chair by the end of the summer! I love being surprisingly inspired by something simple you just find as you wonder!

As for having my work displayed, I think I gave me a different perspective on the entire gallery as a whole. Suddenly, I saw each piece not just as a beautiful piece but also as something that someone like me had handmade. Knowing my own creative process and how my ideas flow from my mind to the finished product, I found myself trying to connect the dots of other artist's works. What did they really want it to look like? What was their inspiration? How long did this take them? Or, in the case of the suitcase chair, how can I make one too?

I also began to appreciate the power of a collection. I liked how all of our silhouettes looked together as their own collective art piece, and I was proud of my contribution to that whole. I found myself focusing more on what we were all presenting as a single work than on my individual

No comments:

Post a Comment