Monday, April 25, 2011

Art Show - Radha Patel

When I first entered the Reily room with all the different artwork, I immediately knew I was going to enjoy the show. I looked at the artwork last semester also because I wanted to take an art class and I was amazed. Everything in the art show is extremely unique and shows the talent students have in art. This time I noticed more different techniques and different kinds of artwork. I loved the different chairs one of the classes made. It was very unique to each person and I never really noticed any 3-D art last semester. For example, one chair was made out of tennis equipment. I interpreted this as the person having a unique relationship with tennis. Also, one of the pieces really stuck out to me. I loved it. It was something I would want to put in my house. The piece was by Laura Kramer and it was a sort of tree branching out. It reminded me of a family so I thought it would be perfect to put in a house. The leaves were cut out of the cardboard toilet rolls and they were bent to look like leaves. Each leaf had different colors from magazines. All together it looked amazing. I would definitely pay more than 10 dollars for this piece of artwork. The different faces made out of clay were fun to look at also. Some of them really made me laugh. It’s amazing to see how much art has to offer. Right across from that was out class’s artwork and I didn’t realize how great our pieces looked until I saw all of them together. I loved the artwork we did in this class and I was especially pleased with my big silhouette. I spent so much time on it and it felt good seeing it displayed. I think it is great that Butler puts up this art show because it makes every student feel recognized for his/her hard work. I know I did. It feels good hearing compliments for something you spent hours working on. It shows the effort and dedication each student puts into his/her art. I am glad I took this class and that I attended the art show. It was fun exploring my creative side this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment