Sunday, April 24, 2011

Milk Project- Andre Smith




I decided to name my milk Latte Milk. I chose the name because I did not want it to sound like a normal milk brand. Since we are marketing to people in their 40s or older, I thought it would be better to name it something that sounds sophisticated. Instead of sounding like milk, it sounds like something you would order at Starbucks!

I made a simple “LM” logo for my milk brand. I wanted to play with the idea of having a recognizable symbol to go with the product. I made it into a cursive symbol just to give it a more classy and sophisticated feel.

I wanted my bottle design to give a nostalgic feel but with a modern twist. Back when the target market of my milk was younger, they usually had square and rectangular milk cartons. So I picked a bottle that had more square sides where the label is and the top and bottom are more rounded, just to give it a modern feel.

I also wanted the container to be clear so the buyer can see the milk inside. I know I am very picky with my milk and I usually like to see it before I buy it so I thought that would be important to incorporate.

On one side of the label I have a little summary of what Latte Milk is about. It basically focuses on how Latte Milk comes from the finest cows from the farms of Italy. The Vitamin D and calcium work to help regenerate skin to help the drinker stay younger. I also included a sentence on how the techniques used to get the milk have been handed down from Italian ancestors. People usually like things that are old or connected to ancient times because they think they are better so I added that to the marketing of it.

On the other side of my bottle, I have a little written statement from Madonna. It basically says that she has been drinking Latte Milk for years and it has kept her looking youthful. The font would be like she actually wrote it to give the label a more intimate feel. My idea for this is to have different celebrities endorse Latte Milk. I would choose celebrities from the 60s, 70s and 80s, or celebrities the target market would be familiar with. Other celebrities I thought would be good are Jon Bon Jovi, John Travolta, Janet Jackson, Tom Cruise, and Gloria Estefan. I want a wide variety of stars from all racial demographics to attract people from different backgrounds. The celebrities could just talk about how they think Latte Milk is important and how it has helped them look and stay youthful, mentally and physically. This is sort of like the got milk? Ads.

On the back, I have the nutritional information and at the bottom of it, it makes sure to note that the milk is organic. I saw on television that some buyers actually do not know what organic products really means but buy it anyway because it sounds good. I have to admit, I actually do this too so I thought it would be good to include this on my bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment