Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Milk Project-Lori Andriot



For my project I knew that I wanted the name be what drew the customers to the project. With the age specifications of this project there was a need to be delicate, to ensure that no one was to be offended by naming of the product. If there’s one thing that I’ve learned in this class, in the marketing aspect, it’s that the audience, the buyer, is everything. That being said I chose to find a name that went of the words classy and sophisticated to describe the group of people that is our target audience. I also wanted to tie in of course the dairy aspect of milk in to the name. I came up with many things, the runner-up being HmooO, but alas I decided to tie in one of my favorite literary techniques; alliteration. And thus the inception of the name Sophisticated and Smooth, this title brings in two different types of taste. The first is the taste of the target audience, with is sophisticated, being the worldy people that the baby boomer generation is they know what they want out of life and thus have a distinct taste. It also ties in the smooth texture of the milk, it is as well witty and has the “moo” bolded and focused in on in the title.
After finding a title for what the beverage would be called, I had to come up with what the outer product would look like. I didn’t want anything too childish, I’ve seen many a products fail due to the fact that their packaging and their target audience were contradicting one another. However, since the beginning of this project I knew that I wanted to incorporate, somehow, the traditional glass bottles that you see in classic television shows, movies, cartoons and even, in my case, stories from my parents. And thus I decided to use said traditional glass bottles, I even decided to take it a step further and decided to make these bottles recyclable, so those that buy the bottles can take them back to their local grocer, they would be sent back to Moo-Moo Makers where the bottles would be sanitized, refilled and sent back out for purchase. This not only cuts down on production cost for the company but it also helps the environment by being recyclable and thus eco-friendly.
But what does the bottle look like? Well, choosing to go with the classic design of the glass bottle, I didn’t want the design to clutter the simplistic styling, which is why I choose to keep the sides blank and put all information on the front and back of the bottle. This is also to ensure the customer is not confused, since the bottle is transparent, with all the words and details on the bottle. It will also be easier to read this way.
On the front of the bottle there is the label, which is a composite of a cow face with the word smooth being made up of the nostrils and the “&” sign connecting it (by being a bull nose ring) to the word sophisticated. The front also has the logo on it which is “Have a pint of cold, smooth milk” which is playing off of ‘a pint’ which in Britain is 20 ounces, which is the amount of liquid in my product. As well there is also Organic Skim milk on the front so the customer knows what they are buying, instead of having to search all over the bottle to find what exactly they are drinking/buying.
On the back there is of course the nutritional information, to ensure that those buying this product know what they are drinking. It is also something that has to be on the bottle. On the back are also the ingredients, and the address to mail comments/questions/concerns. This ensures that the customers can stay in touch with the company and they can help make the company better, it’s all about the customer interaction. And lastly on the back there is a witty description, I believe that the target audience will find this description humorous and that will hopefully be an incentive to take this product home with them.
All in all, while the mark-up for this product may be simplistic, it is traditionalistic and this is a quality that I believe the targeted audience will appreciate. This product is all about the quality, it is about getting the customer to try our product and then become loyal to it because it is beneficial to their life. This product is sophisticated and smooth just like the customers that the Moo Moo Maker company made this product for.

No comments:

Post a Comment