Monday, April 25, 2011

Art Show - Kathryn Graham

The opportunity to visit the art show opened my mind up to new avenues
in art. From visiting I found I had a deeper appreciation and acceptance
for all forms of art. The show provided the opportunity for any observer
to connect with a piece of art. The diversity among the types of art was
instrumental in giving everyone this opportunity to connect with the
show in one way or another. It amazes me that such creative and
beautiful art is being made here within the dorms, Greek houses,
apartments and houses on the campus of Butler University. It shows that
no matter where you are or what you have, art can be created all around
you. The entire show over all was amazing. I loved seeing the different
artistic talents each individual possessed but also how it can all come
together in one place to show the beauty behind it. My favorite art
piece in the show was the one on secrets. The artist took words and
visuals and created a piece of art that is both bold and beautiful. A
deeper understanding and meaning can be found within the piece along
with a connection with the art on various other levels.

I would pay $10 dollars for any of the black and white photos. These photos
would be a wonderful addition anywhere in a house, dorm, or apartment.
The colors have such contrast that it allows for diversity in function
along with the beauty the black and white photos have. I was nervous
about having my work displayed in the art show. It should not have
mattered since it’s just like having your art displayed when you were in
elementary school but there was something different about the art show.
Anyone could see my work and critique it, say how awful it is, or
uncreative it is and that scares me. Having my work shown though did
make me proud and helped me see that I do have a little artistic flare
that I can show to others even though I’m not Picasso. By having a
student art show at Butler it provides an opportunity for artistic
students to show case their talents to fellow students. Also, it allows
students to appreciate the arts. But most importantly it recognizes the
new art program and what they have to offer students.

No comments:

Post a Comment