Monday, April 11, 2011

Sculpture-Veronika Lewis


For my project, my group was assigned the word cantilever. At first I was thinking this would be the hardest thing for me to try to relate to or to create something, but it ended up being a lot of fun. I decided to make a swimming pool and diving board. The diving board projected forward at the top was only attached along one side of the pool. This personally connects to my world because I was a swimmer for about 6 years and I love swimming, and I thought it'd be fun to make as i envisioned a pool and boards from back then to replica. When I thought of the word cantilever I automatically thought of support, which is present in many things in the world, where one end or one part of a building is the entire support. As far as something known, the above the grand canyon there is a cantilever present also known as the Skywalk, where you are literally hanging over the canyon being held by the support only on one end. I thought it was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment