Monday, April 25, 2011

Art Show- Ryan Rosebrough

It was a very different experience for me to walk around the art show. I do not consider myself a very artistically inclined person, so I didn’t really know what to expect. From the moment I stepped in the room, I knew that I was in for a treat. I had never been around anything like this before. Yeah, I’ve been to the art museum a couple of times, but this art was completely different. These were artistic works created by kids exactly like me. It was amazing to see what kinds of things can come from the students here at Butler University. Walking up and down the aisles of artwork, I was in a constant state of captivation. Every time I thought I had a favorite piece, my eyes would wander to the next piece on display. Everything on display was amazing!

When it comes to which piece I would pay $10 for, this is very hard decision. Honestly, I would probably pay $10 for most of the pieces in the show. If I had to narrow it down to one, it would most likely be the chair made out of what appeared to be trash. It is awesome to see how beautiful things can come out of seemingly useless materials. It would also be awesome to in my lounge next year.

As far as my favorite piece is concerned, it was an easy choice. My cardboard sculpture was by far my favorite. I love how it held its ground among the many other wonderful works of art. To see my sculpture presented along with the rest of these great pieces gave me a sense of accomplishment and pride. I never thought I would see the day when my art was displayed in and art show, but I gotta’ say, it was pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment