Monday, April 25, 2011

Art Show-Kazmyn Perry

My favorite piece of artwork was the one about secrets. I thought it was amazing how the artist took words and visuals and transformed it into a truth that we all know. The idea that secrets have immense power in our lives and in some ways define us. I thought it was the most honest piece of artwork I saw, and I actually felt as though seeing it provoked some thoughts about secrets I may hold within myself. I'd be willing to pay $10 for the artwork I just described. As I said before, its idea really resonated with me and I feel that it'd be an amazing piece to own. I am a serious art lover, so getting to have people look at my art made me feel very accomplished. I marvel at the art of others when I go to museums and I hoped that that same feeling was felt in the people who got to see my art. I understand how difficult it is to let your emotions out and place them in an artisitic form for the world to judge. I felt that by having my own art displayed, it made me more aware and grateful for the artists that do it everyday. I think that having a student art show at Butler is an amazing way to show students how much talent is actually present on our campus. I was absolutely blown away by the amazing pieces I saw. I think it shows the potential of students and allows students to be recognized for their hard work. I enjoyed it immensely and hope to see another student art show.

No comments:

Post a Comment