Saturday, April 23, 2011

Art Show Reflection-Veronika Lewis

I absolutely loved the art show. All of the pieces had great contrast and there was just so many different kinds of art to look at. The black and white photos were absolutely gorgeous, and in every picture although it was the same area and same girl, there was a different feeling and emotion that I took out of each individual picture. I also loved the shoes. They were probably my favorite pieces on display, because every shoe was completely different and each told a story about the artist. The piece I would definitely pay $10 for is the shoe with the pencil, pen, and ruler heels/design. As I read the description, the artist said she wanted to represent her love for wanting to be a teacher and I feel the same passion. I would love to hang that in my classroom when I teach someday. Seeing my hard work, despite how frustrated I may have gotten while attempting to build and create things I hadn't before, was a lot of fun. I felt like I was someone important in the show, and seeing the art displayed next to everyone's similar pieces but noticing the contrasts, made it look better to me than when I was just presenting it myself. I was a lot more confident about it. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment