Friday, April 22, 2011

Marissa Nora Kampe- Art Show Reflection

I thought the art show was amazing. It was really inspiring to see all the talent Butler has to offer. I was so impressed with what I saw, and how innovative and creative everything was. There were so many pieces there that I would never even think of creating. My favorite piece of work that I would be willing to pay more than $10 for is the series of photos of eyes covered with paint. I thought that was so fascinating and her use of color was really interesting. I liked it because it was different and each photo conveyed a different emotion or feeling through different angles, colors, and the position of her eye.

To see my art work displayed was really cool, and an experience I’ve never really had before. I mean, my art, the thing that I worked hard over and thought about a lot was actually displayed. It was a good feeling. I think it is really important to have a student art show, because it gives value to the work that students have spent so much time and effort creating. I know I was excited to see mine hanging up there with everyone else’s. I liked being able to show off what I learned to other people. It’s a good way to spread art to other students as well, because it makes it more relatable. For instance, I saw a piece made by one of my sisters in my sorority and it was really cool seeing that because it was like “wow, I didn’t know she could do that”. Having an art show displays how diverse and well-rounded Butler really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment