Monday, April 25, 2011

Art Show, Caroline Hedrick

At the art show, I saw such a variety of pieces that were completely unique. From giant stuffed dolls to plastic tents to anorexic magazine covers, the unusual depiction of art was shown. Personally, my favorite grouping was the stuffed art, it was cool to see the wide variety of things that can be stuffed. I was amazed at the quality of the art as well. Also, I stood transfixed in front of the projector image watching the art being created. (I thought that was awesome to see.) My favorite individual piece cannot be decided. The half skeleton, half Cosmopolitan magazine cover was quite thought provoking about today's society and its effect on woman's appearances. The photographs of the dilapidated houses and buildings with children were also so fascinating. Honestly, I was making up stories to go with the pictures. I would definitely pay ten dollars for any of the photographs and also many of the stuffed items. However, I would pay even more for the giant doll with silver sunglasses that scared the living wits out of me when I first walked in. I thought my work looked pitiful in comparison to the other artwork in the show. However I did like my self-portrait/silhouette and thought it fitted in pretty well. I was proud to have one piece that coincided so well with all of the more advanced art projects. It is an honor, not a requirement to have my work shown in front of anyone who cared to see it. I thought it would be a good way to get a person's name out there if they were searching for art opportunities. Overall, I loved going to the art show and glad it was assigned to attend because I probably would not have gone otherwise and missed out on some amazing pieces of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment