Saturday, April 23, 2011

Jamie Kostecki- Art Show Reflection

It was really great to see the art show again-- I missed it last semester! It's nice that, although many of the courses included are the same, each art show is completely different from any of the previous ones. Some of my favorite artworks included the giant bubble shelter, the shoe drawings, and the little books. The giant bubble was truly unlike anything I've ever seen before; I would have never thought to make a shelter like that. I'd be willing to pay $10 for any of the black and white photographs displayed by the windows. The contrast and the value were really amazing, and I liked the contradiction of the pretty girl in old, broken down settings. That type of photography has always caught my eye. I was proud to have my work on display for my other class, but not as much for this one. I wasn't happy at all with how my cardboard sculpture turned out, and I didn't think enough time was put into my object silhouette to be worth displaying. I think it's really important for Butler's art and design classes to be recognized in a show like this-- especially since a lot of them are very new. The art program is just a baby, and it's vital for everyone to know it exists and to give the students recognition for their hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment