Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Keriann Roush-Art Show Reflection

I honestly didn’t think the art show was very well organized. I had no idea what a lot of things were, who made them, what their purpose or inspiration was. It just seemed a bit haphazard to me, and I was distracted by it all. Because of this, its hard for me to identify a favorite piece. None if it is really anything that interests me or I would ever pay for, or display in my home. However, if I had to pick something there was a set in the series of vegetable promotions. The designs with the tomato were very well done, and potentially I would pay for it as a marketing campaign. It was very well done, cohesive, and the colors were well chosen. I think having an art show at Butler is great, but if I weren’t in this class I would have no idea it existed. Finding a way to promote it on campus and bring awareness would be really beneficial. I also think that displaying art in it should be VOLUNTARY, not mandatory. Art is a very personal thing, and sometimes not everyone wants to display theirs and is made uncomfortable by this. Maybe it should even be open to students who weren’t in an art class but have art, pending approval, that they would like to display. I just think students should have the right to make the choice, display if you want but you can choose not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment